Monday, May 16, 2011

Long Distance Relationships

Loved by few...
Owned by several...
'No can do' for some...
Given a bad name by many...

LONG Distance Relationships
that is.


So many people fear getting in and committing to a long distance relationship. Well, I can attest to your worries and fears, but I'm hear to address the issues behind it all and provide possible advice and resolutions to throw you out of the "Loved by few" bucket with hopes of transitioning it into "Loved by many".

"Anything worth having, is worth working for"! Whether you are near or far, a relationship requires a few things, so let me share my 6 Love Biggies:
  • Time
  • Trust
  • Commitment
  • Communication
  • Patience
  • Honesty
If you leave out any one of the biggies in your relationship you may run into many bumps and end with long-term bruises. While there will be disagreements from time to time, a lot can be avoided and bandages can be saved for something else.

Because you live in different locations, TIME be an issue in terms of finding it to share with each other and traveling to and from one area. But if you TRUST your love for each other, make a COMMITMENT to give it your all for it to work. You have to COMMUNICATE all the good and bad to each other to figure out ways to overcome the bad and continue the good. All of this takes PATIENCE and HONESTY from both parties.

It can work! I'm witnessing it WORK for me right now. I'm currently in a successful long distance relationship, and have been in a few unsuccessful ones in the past, so I'm truly speaking from experience and not pulling my info out of a hat. I definitely don't possess that type of magic :)

I'm looking forward to diving deeply into my 6 Biggies and giving you insight.  Stay tuned to my relationship spills, and I hope you share your feedback, advice, and personal stories.

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Until my next SPILL,
-SOLAR 40


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...