Thursday, April 28, 2011

Surviving the No Sugar Battle

I'm still alive! Still eating, even though my choices are limited as I informed you all in my last post. I had a successful trip to the grocery store this week and was able to get some NEW snacks without sugar. Check me out:
  • Lightly salted Quaker Oats rice cakes
  • Dry roasted almonds
  • Dry roasted sunflower seeds
  • Pecans
  • Multi grain Tostitos
  • Steam fresh frozen vegetables (no preservatives)
  • Steam fresh frozen whole-grain wheat rice
  • Low sodium Cheese Nips
  • Original unflavored grits
  • Cucumbers
Not the most exciting products, but they are definitely helping me maintain throughout each day. I'm actually enjoying the rice with all meals, so I think I'm going to stop buying white rice even after the doctor clears me (fingers crossed). The steamed vegetables taste the same and are actually healthier for me than canned vegetables, so I will also continue buying these (Plus I always see great coupons for various brands #WINNING).

I am very proud of myself and think that maybe this happened as a wake up call to get me to eat even healthier than I was before. I definitely have no intentions of taking any type of vitamins in the future unless my doctor recommends it, so I guess it won't hurt me to eat as healthy as possible going forward to get my vitamins from food.

Like they always say, "Too much of anything can be bad for you"! Guess they were right. Each day I continue my new eating habits, I pray for continued health and the strength to eat right live a long, happy, and healthy life.

What do you struggle with in terms of eating? Do any of you have any food allergies or restrictions on what you can eat? If so, please share your journeys!

Well, I'm off to finish eating my grits and looking forward to my morning rice cake snack.

"Faith and prayer are the vitamins of the soul; man cannot live in health without them." -Mahalia Jackson

Until my next health drop,
-SOLAR 40
                                                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...